Monday, January 11

What do you see when you reflect back?

In response to last week’s question, "What do you see when you reflect back?," my writing and sailing friend Rich offered, "A gray haired version of the 10 year old me, who still likes to ask for forgiveness instead of permission."

My sailing friend Kurt confessed, "I wonder what the guy on the other side of the glass is thinking, and does he laugh at some of the really dum s--t I've done. I know I do."  My neighbor Al noted, "Mostly hair.  I've always had a hairy back."

My dad's beach buddy Bob professed, "A few people I would like to croak.  They were pure evil and sacrificed others for their own gain."

My videographer friend Ivan replied, "Redundancy.  (Reflect.  Reflect Back comes from the department of redundancy department.)" to which my social media friend Mark concurred, "I cancelled out your double negative for a clearer picture and I don't see nothing."

My temple friend Tracey replied, "My big, fat butt! Time to start that New Year's diet."

And my equestrian friend Royce wisely advised, "To paraphrase the immortal Satchel Paige: Don't look back 'cause those past reflections may be catching up with you."

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

What is the measure of basic intelligence? (from my friend Corey)

Life  is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly, and forgive quickly.
Hal


And thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by NicheLabs to see what else I'm up to.

No comments: