Monday, March 14

Have you said "yes I can" but thought what's the point?

In response to last week’s question, "Have you said "yes I can" but thought what's the point?,"  my friend Tracey lamented, "I say it every time I vote," to which my hiking friend Kelly added, "when I vote for President."

My videographer friend Ivan proffered, "IWouldIfICouldAndIKnowThatIShouldButICan'tSoIWon't."

My networking friend Andrew mimicked, "Yes I can respond to your question but what is the point? "

My writing and sailing friend Rich recalled, "Reminding the new boss that we tried that strategy and 2 years ago, 4 years ago and 6 years ago, it did not work then either."

My equestrian friend Royce replied, "Of course," to which my cycling friend Ted added, "Only with 'certain' friends (whom I will not mention names!)"

And my dad's beach buddy Bob advised, "Never.  When you say "Yes I can" when no one else will.....you are the one who excels and moves ahead of the pack."
 
Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

On St. Patty's day, you are supposed to wear green or risk being pinched.  Which do you prefer?

Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably And never regret anything that made you smile!   

Hal


PS:  Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by NicheLabs to see what else I'm up to.

No comments: