Monday, March 21

On St. Patty's day, you are supposed to wear green or risk being pinched. Which do you prefer?

In response to last week’s question, "On St. Patty's day, you are supposed to wear green or risk being pinched.  Which do you prefer?,"  my writing and sailing friend Rich observed, "Depends on who is doing the pinching and how.  Much like whether you are naked or nekked, makes a world of difference in the experience."   

While my equestrian friend Royce wrote, "Being pinched, but only in the right place(s),"  my PR friend Stan and engineering friend Steve were more general, "It depends on where and by whom."  To this, my dad's beach buddy Bob shared, "Being pinched is OK depending on where it is.  Some are merely "Green with envy".  My Ruth is a 1/2 a Wild  Irish Rose.  The other half is French.  I like that."

My cycling friend Ted replied, "Pinch me 'till I turn green!! Then give me a beer and I won't care!"

 My social media friend Mark noted, "I'd prefer to wear green...it seems it is always the wrong ones who pinch you on St. Pat's Day."  Then my dog rescue and equestrian friend Jodie explained, "Depends upon who is doing the pinching!  I'm half Irish but still always forget to wear green. Oh that's alright; I live and work alone. Back to cuckoo clocks..." 

My network engineering friend Andrew cautiously concluded, "Do you mean "pinched?" In the American English sense of "physically touched" or "pinched" in the British English sense of "stolen (from)"? Not sure I want either, so I will probably wear green."

And my temple Richard simply deduced, "I prefer a pinch of corned beef."

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Is Spring Nature's way of saying "Let's Party?"  thanks to Robin Williams

Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably And never regret anything that made you smile!   

Hal

OK, so technically, March 20 is the first day of Spring instead of the typical March 21 because of, well, do ya know?  The Spring Equinox is on the 20th because is a leap year.  And that should make your day.  ;-) 

Happy Birthday do my birthday buds Adam, James, Jon -- and Mariah -- this Sunday.  Lot's of celebrations planned for Sunday.


PS:  Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by NicheLabs to see what else I'm up to.

No comments: