Monday, March 28

Is Spring Nature's way of saying "Let's Party? plus a March Madness question

In response to last week’s question, "Is Spring Nature's way of saying "Let's Party?," my temple friend Lesley observed, "Yes it is, from a plant's perspective. What else would one call an event that you wake up and then eat, drink, have constant sex (pollination), cause other organisms to have sex, and trash the area around you (pollen everywhere)."    My Parrothead friend Samantha confirmed this, "Only for the plants.  Hence, pollen or plant confetti," to which my equestrian friend Royce qualified it saying, "Provided the pollen doesn't kill ya."

My social media friend Mark replied, "The 1st day of Spring is not too late, but the party started when that first daffodil bloomed. It is OK to  come fashionably late and endure the pollen reserved for those who wait."  "For this year," my PR friend Stan noted, "it’s a reminder to put on your winter coat. Brrrr!"

My cousin Valarie wrote, "Better than balloons and streamers are the fragrant flowering trees and the bright blooms freshly pushed up through warm, soft soils. Yes, spring is an invitation to the party that celebrates life anew and renewed."

And my dad's beach buddy Bob offered words of encouragement, "In my back yard, it is party time.  The music is mostly by the different types of birds...then we break out the grill for some brats, a cold beer and a lot of good cheer."

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Is Madness good when it's not in March?

Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably And never regret anything that made you smile!   

Hal

What a great birthday present y'all got for me.   The Syracuse Orange were losing to Virginia rather quickly, down 8 and 10 points,  and even down by 14 points in the 2nd half.  And thanks to the full court press and several people wearing the right tshirts, y'all arranged for Syracuse to win by 6 and head to the Final Four this weekend.  Let's Go Orange!    And my wife's carrot-cake birthday cake made for an ideal celebration.


PS:  Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by NicheLabs to see what else I'm up to.

No comments: