Monday, March 7

What do you do with an extra day in your year (i.e. Leap Day)?

In response to last week’s question, "What do you do with an extra day in your year?,"  my writing and sailing friend Rich wrote to no one's surprise, "Call in sick and go sailing.  If they are not going to pay me any more for working an extra day, then I think the day is better spent sailing."  My DISH and dog-loving friend Mark concurred with Rich, "What do I do with an extra day this year? Work for free."

My Parrothead friend Samantha added poetically, "In an ideal situation, an extra 24 hours would be spent on a boat, floating nowhere on the waves.  Since I am on my way to work, I will board that boat in my mind instead.  May the waves keep all of our dreams afloat!"

My dad's beach buddy Bob surmissed, "Make up for all the things I forgot to do yesterday or didn't have time to get to for lack of time.  I need one of those every month."   And my PR friend Stan concurred, "I'd get realigned – and put an end to that old saying: 'If only I had more time…' ”

My temple friend Richard lamented, "Same as any other day:  I try to cram 2 or 3 days’ work into that day!"

My networking friend Andrew shared some fun factoids about Leap Day, "Did you know that there is no Leap Day in years divisible by 100, except for years divisible by 400? What this means is that 1900 had no Feb. 29, and 2100 will not have one, but the year 2000 did have a Feb. 29. For most of us alive right now, this exception is irrelevant, but curious nonetheless. Growing up, this was always the day when girls could ask boys out (back when that sort of thing didn't occur regularly)."

While my equestrian friend Royce challenged, "You really don't want to know *:D big grin," my cousin Wes suggested, "Maybe something I don't what to commemorate for another 4 years.  Like saying, 'Happy Leap Day.' "

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Have you said "yes I can" but thought what's the point?   from my friend Jim C

Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably And never regret anything that made you smile!    Hal


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by NicheLabs to see what else I'm up to

No comments: