Monday, February 13

How do you mend a broken heart? and a Valentine's Day query

In response to last week’s question, "How do you mend a broken heart?," my birthday bud Jon observed, "It’s sew hard…." to which my temple friend Lesley added, "You find a good surgeon and good ole needle and thread is used."

My writing and sailing friend Rich shared, "In my case, 4 stents, the love of a good woman and a voice from the light that said 'go back and quit being too stupid to live,' to which my cycling friend Ted expounded, "There are a few ways: Drug eluting stents, Bypass Grafts, Porcine valves and Prosthetic valves, and oh yes, falling in love!"

To fall in love, my Supreme Court friend Philip counseled, "Easier said than done; you find another one to make you feel whole."  My dad's beach buddy Bob added, "With a kiss, a hug, and a rose in hand."

My college roomie advised, "Do what you like best - whether it is sailing, cycling, running, reading, music, etc.  Spend time by yourself."  My sailing friend Norm asserted, "Get busy, do something, volunteer, help someone, do something nice for someone.  These actions are guaranteed to mend a broken heart." And my temple friend Tracey declared, "Chocolate and cats!"

My temple friend Richard and equestrian friend Royce both called out, "Duct tape; it works on EVERYTHING. It’s like the force. It has a light side and a darker side, and it holds the universe together."

My PR friend Stan lamented the day after the Falcons fell in the Super Bowl, "In Atlanta, you mend a broken heart by knowing that pitchers and catchers report to camp on Valentine’s Day, or Spring football practice starts…whenever – or the Hawks are doing well – or that Atlanta can’t lose the Stanley Cup," to which my logic friend and wordsmith Alan empathized, "We feal the Atlanta Pain.  Atlanta shudda won!"

And my cousin Greg recommended, "Ask the Bee Gees."

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

What makes something romantic?

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile.
Hal

Just for fun, send or give a random Valentine's Day greeting and see what happens!


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: