Monday, February 20

In response to last week’s question, "What makes something romantic?," my sailing friend Kurt advised, "Who you give it to, i.e. if I give my wife a rose, it's romantic; if I give you one, not so much," to which my videographer friend Ivan added, "Like a bottle of Brandied Pears given to a lover, it isn't so much the gift that is so romantic as the Spirit in which it is given."

My photographer friend Thomas lamented, "I don't think I get to decide. If you ask Google, he first result is a Reddit site titled 'Ask Women'" to which my engineering friend Steve concurred, "It's what your wife says it is!"  My jeweler friend Bill counseled, "If the diamond is large enough!"

My dad's beach buddy Bob remembered, "Ahhh.  That mischievous gleam in your eye as you hold her hand."  My sailing friend Norm proclaimed, "Candlelight."

My writing and sailing friend Rich called out, "RomEantic is the act of being wildly playful or funny while in Rome." 

My equestrian friend Royce surmised, "An excellent single malt Scotch."

And my temple friend Richard recalled "the immortal words of Lily von Shtupp in “Blazing Saddles”, Ooh! A wed wose. How womantic!'”

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

How do you want to be remembered? in honor of George Washington who was born Feb 22, 1732, being remembered for cutting down a cherry tree. 

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile.
Hal

Happy Presidents Day. Let's put current events aside for a few hours and celebrate the accomplishments of George Washington, Abraham Lincoln and many other greats that held this position.


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: