Monday, February 6

Can you accidentally eat too much?

In response to last week’s question, "Can you accidentally eat too much?,"  my networking engineering friend Andrew observed, "Yes, like 'accidentally' falling in love or finding a job."

My writing and sailing friend Rich confused, "I am so clumsy. If I had a dollar for every time I slipped in the kitchen and landed face down in freshly baked pecan pie, I would be able to afford a much needed gym membership,"

My cycling friend Ted replied, "No, but eating too much can cause an accident!"

My dad's beach buddy Bob confused, "only when I cook too much as I hate to have any leftovers which is no accident,"
to which my social media friend Mark shared, "Of course. I do it all of the time. Don't really realize it until that scale creeps up beyond yesterday's number."  My business coach and speaker friend Lindy admitted, "Yes, you can definitely accidentally eat too much. But I confess to intentionally overeating, especially when chocolate or bacon are available. Yes I know better... yet continue to do so. I'll never learn."

My recruiting friend Jason noted, "I keep busy while waiting for the commercials."

My sailing friend Bradley explained, "As far as eating too much I’m not a good person to ask. With my old roommate the serving size for Krispy Kreme doughnuts was 1 dozen, so my portion size is a little skewed.  But for the Super Bowl I can tell you what I’ll be doing.  I’m not much of a football fan but I am a fan of hanging out with friends. So I’ll show up, eat plenty of snacks, probably cheer for the opposing team just for the heck of it, and celebrate friendship.  Go friends! Hooray for snacks! And if I’m lucky they’ll have 2 tvs and put the puppy bowl on the other one. 

My cousin Wes replied, "Yes. Then GERD kicks in and I become Roman."

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

How do you mend a broken heart?

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile.
Hal

What a heartbreak for America as the Falcons were way, way up at halftime only to lose the Super Bowl in OT.  Congrats to the Patriots who know that football is a 60 minute game; it's not just the first 30 minutes that matter.


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: