Monday, February 27

How do you want to be remembered?

In response to last week’s question, "How do you want to be remembered?," my PR friend Stan dreamed it would be, "For hitting four homers for the Mets against the Yankees…or Dodgers…or Braves."

My collaboration friend Tricia replied, "for being kind and for making a positive difference in the lives of those around me. Simple and sweet," to which my sailing friend Norm concurred, "As someone who made a difference for good of others." 

While George Washington is remembered for many things including chopping down a cherry tree, my dad's beach buddy Bob was a bit pessimistic, writing "The fact is that two weeks after being put into the ground, no one will remember who you were unless you burn down city hall." 

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

Does mucus freeze?

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile.
Hal


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: