Monday, March 6

Does mucus freeze?

In response to last week’s question, " Does mucus freeze?," my leadership development advisor Stuart counseled, "Of course. That’s why your tongue freezes to the flagpole."    My dad's beach buddy Bob recalled, "it does to a cold pipe on a winter day," to which my social media friend Mark added, "Once mucus leaves the body, it instantly transforms into a loogie, which can indeed freeze."

My cycling friend Ted called out, "Didn't you ever watch Dumb and Dumber's mini-bike/Aspen scene?"  My writing and sailing friend Rich shared a sailing version, "Anyone who ever thought that getting on a boat in January was a good idea knows the answer to this one is an absolute yes."  

My equestrian friend Royce punned, "Who nose?"

My sailing friend Mike remembered, "Yes and so do a swim suits after high school swim practice (see below)."

My neighbor Al reflected, "Having grown up and driving a snow plow in Buffalo, I can say must certainly so."  And my temple friend Kevin concurred, "Having lived in Michigan during amazingly cold winters, I say absolutely 'Yes'".  

Stan S    I don’t know for sure, but here’s an old-age answer for an age-old question, and no, I am NOT going to purchase this paper to fully investigate the matter.  :-)  "

And my cousin Wes, a snow skier, acknowledged, "when you skiing at 0°F, it still runs out and freezes all over your upper lip.

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

When is it dribble and when is it drool ?

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile.
Hal

More from Mike and his swim suit: Our Speedo swim suits would freeze as we waited for the late bus following our afternoon portion of two-a-day swim practices.  It was cold in New York and we would smack the ice off the suits by hitting the light poles.  Yes, we were just a tad brain dead and bored waiting for the late bus.  And when it was cold enough and we spit that nasty Chlorine taste out of our mouths, we would see our mucus freeze on the sidewalk." 


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: