Monday, March 13

When is it dribble and when is it drool?

In response to last week’s question, "When is it dribble and when is it drool?," my writing and sailing friend Rich concluded, "Flannel pajamas, dribble, Victoria Secret, drool."

My dad's beach buddy Bob noted, "depending on your age, it could be different at different times of the day," to which my birthday bud Jon  suggested, "before age 2 and after age 90 it's drool; it’s dribble anywhere in between."   My sailing friend Norm declared, "Dribble is drop by drop, and Drool is a steady stream." 

My social media friend Mark announced, "Dribble: regular season activity for the Hawks; Drool: playoffs post-season performance for the Hawks."   My cousin Wes acknowledged, "When Varsity and pro basketball players dribble.  I watch and drool." 

My temple friend Richard pointed out, "When you are looking at an attractive member of the opposite sex, it is drool.  When you are on the basketball court, it is dribble," to which my leadership training guru Stuart  concurred, "On the basketball court, dribble is for the players and drool is for the cheerleaders."

And my equestrian friend Royce quipped, "Are you trying to describe Trump?"

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

What brings you good luck?

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile.
Hal

My sailing friend Norm also shared, "I missed answering last week's question, which would have been, "Mucus does not freeze any more in Georgia."

In basketball, it's not Syracuse or Georgia's year for March Madness.  Best wishes to everyone in the bracket chase.


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: