Monday, March 27

What sprang and what sprung now that Spring is here?

In response to last week’s question, "What sprang and what sprung now that Spring is here?," my temple friend Tracey declared, "My allergies sprang after the trees and flowers sprung" while my sister-in-law Lorrie lamented, "Spring is here?  The snow sprang here last week - all 20" of it - and it sprung some more this morning."

My writing and sailing friend Rich shared, "Speaking for all us who sprang forth in Spring (Spring Baby Society, Class of 58, March).   One definition of spring is a compressed coil that stores energy until it is released. Think Tigger’s Tail. Each year the compressed energy of Spring is released into the world to re-inspire, re-invigorate and plug any leaks we may have sprung during the dark days so we can survive another wild ride around the sun. Hang on kids, here we go again."

My dad's beach buddy Bob observed, "The daffodils" while my equestrian friend Royce called out, "Donald Trump."

My cycling friend Ted hesitated, "UH, that's a very private thing and it's best to not give the details on the Hmmm posting!"

My temple friend Richard pointed out, "Technically, nothing has sprung or sprang, as those are the past tense forms of Spring. Obviously we cannot speak of Spring in the past, as it has just begun.  I am, however, reminded of 2 views of Spring:
·        <>   From Winnie the Pooh:  “The spring has sprung, the grass is rizz. I wonder where them birdies is?”
·        <>  From Pogo:  “Spring has sproinged.”

And my friend Bruce in Utah shared a poem, "Spring has sprung / Fall has fell / It's summer in Saint George and it's hot as..."

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

What does a diet water taste like? 

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Hal

Happy Birthday today to my birthday buds Adam, Jon….and soon to be friend Mariah Carey.

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm

No comments: