Sunday, April 2

What does a diet water taste like?

In response to last week’s question, "What does a diet water taste like?,"  my writing and sailing friend Rich concluded, "At $5.00 a bottle, it tastes like you’ve been had," to which my hiking friend Kelly added, "It tastes a lot like your money leaving.  Also, there’s probably a nice dose of high fructose corn syrup in it, so high fructose corn syrup and failure."

My PR friend Stan succulently wrote, "Lite" to which my social media friend Mark clarified, "Flavored rice cakes... but wet."

My adjunct executive friend Lindy called out, "The obvious answer is 'like a regular water with fewer calories.'  And then, wonderfully fresh but it causes cancer. Like plastic . . . nothing diet ever tastes as good as the real thing."

My dad's beach buddy Bob surmised, "I don't know.  Where do you get such an item other than from my refrigerator spigot?"  My equestrian friend Royce offered, "A masterful homogenized blend of hydrogen and oxygen without flotsam."

My collaboration friend Tricia explained, "As a girl raised in the South, an ice cold Coke was my favorite beverage. Water tastes like nothing, so diet water would taste worse than nothing. Diet anything tastes worse!  BTW: Unless you can mix diet water with some Skillet sweet tea - hmmmm."  (If you mixed Silver Skillet sweet tea with diet water, would that be a sin, a waste or anarchy?)

My temple friend Tracey shared, "I drink club soda, which I guess is technically diet fizzy water. I think it tastes refreshing and wonderful," so my production manager friend Ray pointed out, "From a purely (pun intended) technical point of view, l am told that water that has had everything removed has no taste whatsoever, and is bottled and sold (oh, there are so many ways to have finished this) .... as Coors beer."

And my dentist friend Ted hypothesized, "Logic would say that since regular water is essentially tasteless, diet water would have a very strong flavor.
Diet water is manufactured in the Puerto Rican city of Caguas. The name is a contraction of 2 Spanish words--Cagar and Agua.  Go look it up Gringo!  As a dentist, I'm not sure that it would rot your teeth. We'll just have to order a few cases of Aguas Caguas and see what happens to the Choppers!"

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

Does punctuation matter?

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"


Hal 

No comments: