Tuesday, May 30

What is the right kind of crazy?

In response to last week’s question, "What is the right kind of crazy?,"  my dad's beach buddy Bob declared, "Obviously when you are crazy in love" while my birthday bud Jon lamented, "NOT the kind that won the election!"

My temple friend Bob advised, "It's just below the level where you qualify to be put in the home."   My adjunct-executive friend Lindy pontificated, "Is it a kind or an amount?  :-)  It's the non-painful kind of crazy. My 20 year old son, Tucker, said, 'the kind of crazy that balances your own crazy; the kind you can handle.'  For me, there has to be an ex-spouse joke in here – I’m not the right kind of crazy or he wasn’t."

My sailing friend Kurt shared, "According to that great philosopher Jimmy Buffet "If we weren't all Crazy, we'd all go insane" but he fails to specify what kind of crazy. My preference is sailing crazy. Why else would I spend so much time and money going nowhere slowly."

My production manager friend Ray called out, "And I quote from Billy Joel, You May Be Right, 'I may be crazy, but it may just be a lunatic you're looking for' (more lyrics at bottom of this message)."   My IT consultant Kosol added, "The right kind of crazy is when you 'gotta feeling, a feeling that tonight is going to be a good good night.'  courtesy of the Black Eyed Peas."  And my equestrian friend Royce wrote that, "It reminds me of an old Paul Simon song, Still Crazy...."

Then please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

When someone says "That's interesting," how do you know if it is interesting-good or interesting-bad? (from my sales expert friend Paul)


We don't stop laughing because we get old. We get old because we stop laughing.  Make it a priority to have fun and make others laugh.

Hal

My birthday bud Jon shared that we was impressed that my circle of friends is so wide that I even have adjunct friends.  Lindy, thanks for making me look good.

Ray took the time to share Billy Joel's lyrics.  And you're welcome to enjoy a live performance via the link above.

Friday night I crashed your party
Saturday I said I'm sorry
Sunday came and trashed me out again
I was only having fun
Wasn't hurting anyone
And we enjoyed the weekend for a change

You may be right
I may be crazy
But it may just be a lunatic you're looking for
Turn out the light
Don't try to save me
You may be wrong for all I know
But you may be right



Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: