Monday, May 8

What is worth acquiring a taste for?

In response to last week’s question, "What is worth acquiring a taste for?," my jeweler friend Bill suggested, "Most anything that someone else is paying for." 

My writing and sailing friend Rich advised, "The yummy delicious things from the menu of life" to which my dad's beach buddy Bob expounded, "Fine wine and a good cigar sitting by the seaside on a warm evening."   And my favorite Habitat for Humanity leader Henry recommends, "Good Friends."

My equestrian friend Royce challenged, "It depends on what you want to acquire a taste for" to which my business coaching friend Lindy shared, "I am opting to choose the obvious food items . . . eventually too much of a good material thing, isn't. Lobster, chocolate, alcohol, in too large or too often consumed portions, can lead to negative consequences. So I think it's worth developing a taste for sincerity, honesty, wisdom, and a fabulous work ethic. More of these can never be a bad thing.

And my hiking friend Kelly proposed, "Poverty."

Then please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

If I don’t call or e-mail to catch up with you, does that mean I'm ahead of you?  from my friend Henry

We don't stop laughing because we get old. We get old because we stop laughing.  Make it a priority to have fun and make others laugh.

Hal

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.


No comments: