Monday, July 10

How are you independent?

In response to last week’s question, "How are you independent?," my production manager friend Ray declared, "Three simple words: I am me."

My writing and sailing friend Rich noted, "I do exactly what I want whenever my wife tells me I can" to which my equestrian friend
Royce called out, "I'm not married."

My adjunct executive friend Lindy quipped, "if I could find a city or town call dependent, when I got there I would be in Dependent."

My sailing friend Dale philosophized, "Many things we can’t control and one of them is time.  As my wife always says, “Birth is a terminal condition.  We are independent when we control the use of our time.'  For example, why do we strive to be the fastest, whether it is getting our work done or sail in a regatta?  Because, the faster we complete the task or the race means the more time left for us and therefore more independence."

And my dad's beach buddy Bob replied, "Impossible to be totally independent.  Someone has to grow and distribute food, someone generate power so we can use our computers, and I prefer to rely on someone else to weave the cloth that makes my suits.  Fortunately I have the means to buy all of these things or I would be a slave."

Then please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

        When is it hot? 
               
We don't stop laughing because we get old. We get old because we stop laughing.  Make it a priority to have fun and make others laugh.

Hal
http://brightkit-contests-live.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/ugc/contest-41942/entry/large/whos-your-buddy_595996b2b1cd4_large.jpg 
I have a favor to ask: Our dog Sarah wants to be the ambassador for Piedmont Park. Online voting will determine winner, so our favor is asking you to
·         Click on her picture
·         Then at the top left of the picture, click on the gray heart to vote.
·         NOTE:  You can vote several times each day through July 28.


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: