Monday, July 24

What is the next SPAM frontier

In response to last week’s question, "What is the next SPAM frontier?," my sailing friend Dale suggested, "self driving cars receiving advertisements over their internal speakers as you are passing locations offering specials."  My dad's beach buddy Bob observed, "They haven't been able to do it to the bible yet, but they have conquered all of the TV and news outlets."  

And my social media friend Mark cautioned, "Russians influencing all of the other decisions we make."

My adjunct business executive Lindy noted that "as spam enjoys huge popularity in Hawaii, I’m guessing another island frontier . . . maybe Tahiti?"

My equestrian friend Royce proposed, "Lasagna with spam sauce, spinach salad with spam crumbles, do I stop now, or continue?"  to which my temple friend Bob longed for "canned tripe."  To this, my sister-in-law Lorrie dreamed, "To make it taste good."

And my cycling friend Ted replied, "The stall in the public restroom. Or better yet the toilet paper itself!"


….and here's a link to the Monty Python sketch credited with being the source of the naming of junk email.

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

        What is your chin good for?   
               
We don't stop laughing because we get old. We get old because we stop laughing.  Make it a priority to have fun and make others laugh.

Hal

http://brightkit-contests-live.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/ugc/contest-41942/entry/large/whos-your-buddy_595996b2b1cd4_large.jpgThanks to the many friend who voted.  Voting continues until this Sat. morning at 11am, when our dog Sarah (on the left), will likely have enough votes to be in the final judging at the park.  Even with 2,000+ votes as of this past Friday, your votes are still needed.  Thanks for your help!

·         Scroll down several screens and click on her picture
·         Then just above the description, click on the gray heart to vote.
·         NOTE:  You can vote several times each day through Saturday morning.


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: