Monday, July 31

What is your chin good for?

In response to last week’s question, "What is your chin good for?,"  my writing and sailing friend Rich observed, "It's a handy place to store your chin dimple" while my birthday bud Jon noted, "It gives structure to my beard."

My temple friend Kevin noted, "Hey, your face has to end somewhere.  The chin wins."

My dad's beach buddy Bob replied, "It is a good shock absorber.  I have much experience in this area" to which my social media friend Mark explained, "1. To attack bully's fists...this need decreasing as I age.  2. To keep shirt clean...this need growing as I age."           

My sister-in-law Lorrie declared, "When the hands are full, the chin works just fine, thank you."

My temple friend Tracey responded, "Catching food dribbles, and getting kitty and doggie kisses." And my cousin Valarie concluded, "To take it on (take it on the chin) and to be a picture of the definition of 'hypotenuse'."

My adjunct executive friend Lindy counseled, "Showing defiance by jutting it out, and showing direction when your hands are full (with thanks to my 20 year old son, Tucker)."

My PR friend Stan announced, "Chins are good for leading – but not in a boxing match – but they usually let bellies take the lead."  And my equestrian friend Royce acknowledged, "It keeps you from breaking your neck while sleeping in shul, and makes it appear as though you are reading the prayer book."

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

        What exactly is a birthday control pill? (with my collaboration friend Scott)

               
Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

http://brightkit-contests-live.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/ugc/contest-41942/entry/large/whos-your-buddy_595996b2b1cd4_large.jpgThanks to the many friends who voted, and for Jim (and Max), Dawn and Jeff who supported Sarah's campaign for Dog of the Year.  Of the 80 dogs entered, Sarah was in the top 12.  At Saturday's finals, the heat got to her, and after the sit and walk portion of the finals, she chose to 'lay down,' panting, as her trick instead of 'who's your buddy.'  She's still a wonderful dog, and thank you all for your supportive words and thoughts.

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.


No comments: