Monday, July 17

When is it hot?

In response to last week’s question, "When is it hot?,"  my temple friend Richard  concluded, "I believe it would be hottest when a 60 Minutes crew shows up at your office. The best description of a hot day that I have heard is “I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both walking … slowly.”  My IT friend Kosol called out, "It might be hot if you jump in your car and then realize your pants weren't all the way up because you just literally burned your butt on your leather seat."

My neighbor Al declared, "It's all relative.   If you're talking cars, it probably starts around $200K.  If you're talking women, it better be at least 18 or you're going to register with the police and never live near a school.  What I can't figure out is why is it that in the summer I can have the thermostat set at about 78 and it feels OK to maybe a little warm, but in the winter time, it starts getting hot when you set it above 74?"

My temple friend Tracey lamented, "Every day!" while my sister Lorrie replied, "It's hot when you can cook your eggs and bacon breakfast on the sidewalk.  Not going to happen here in NY, thank goodness, but I hear you can in the AZ."

My PR friend Stan surmised, "When I can’t take off any more clothing…but don’t worry, it’s variable," to which my social media friend Mark cautioned, "When you really want to remove an article of clothing, but would be inappropriate. And you still want to do it."

My dad's beach buddy Bob replied, "When the temperature exceeds 80 degrees and the air conditioner stops working."  To this, my Utah friend Bruce explained, "It is only hot when someone complains on Facebook of Summer temperatures in the 90's AND you live in the desert Southwest ( Saint George, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Palm Springs). As of last Monday, 7/10, we in Saint George, UT have had 25 CONSECUTIVE DAYS where the high temp was a MINIMUM of 100. And the 10 day forecast is solid three digits as well... and mind you, my backyard is usually 5-7 degrees hotter...okay done complaining for the moment as the other cities I mentioned are consistently hotter than I am.   And don't mention our single digit humidity, as your Thanksgiving Day Turkey is NOT blanched in a pot of hot water, but is instead baked with 'dry heat'..."

Then please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

        What is the next SPAM frontier? (with my marketing friend Barbara)    
               
We don't stop laughing because we get old. We get old because we stop laughing.  Make it a priority to have fun and make others laugh.

Hal

http://brightkit-contests-live.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/ugc/contest-41942/entry/large/whos-your-buddy_595996b2b1cd4_large.jpgThanks to the many friend who voted. A continued request to help our dog Sarah (on the left), who wants to be the ambassador for Piedmont Park. Online voting will get her into the final on Sat, July 29, so our favor is asking you to vote and continue to vote for her:
·         Go to (new link)  https://piedmontparkdog2017.hscampaigns.com/#submissions
·         Scroll down several screens and click on her picture
·         Then at the top left of the picture, click on the gray heart to vote.

·         NOTE:  You can vote several times each day through July 28.

No comments: