Monday, September 11

“If all nations in the world as in debt, where has the money gone?

In response to last week’s question, “If all nations in the world as in debt, where has the money gone?,” my cycling friend Ted declared, “It went to the same place as that missing sock in the dryer -- another dimension!”

My dad’s beach buddy Bob concluded, “Some of them are obviously lying or you can check with your banker who seems to be getting fatter by the day,” to which my sailing friend Jan suggested, “In the pockets of politicians and their corporate cronies.”

My writing and sailing friend Rich shared, “If you are married to an equestrian you know the answer that that question.”

My sailing friend Norm lamented, "In smoke or in boondoggles" as my engineering friend Steve replied, “Directly to the toilet, I suspect.”

And my equestrian friend Royce recalled, “I think Peter, Paul, and Mary asked that same question in the 60's with their top 40 song Where has all the money gone?"

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

       Is love the killer app?

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

To all of our friends and family in FL, GA and AL:  Be smart, be safe, and be well.  To all of our GA friends and family who have opened their homes to FL friends, family and dogs, you are what makes GA a great place.  You are all mensches.

FYI:  If you have Blue Cross/Blue Shield for an individual health plan in ATL, it is being terminated 12/31/17.  For more info about a fascinating alternative that I’m very familiar with; ask me about HIPnation.

Aaarg.  Are you preparing for Talk Like a Pirate Day on Tue, Sep 19?


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: