Monday, September 18

Is love the killer app?

In response to last week’s question, “Is love the killer app?,” my marketing friend Rashida replied, “The killer appetizer? Yes. It's a prerequisite for most things that are good.”  Amen.

My dad’s beach buddy Bob advised, “I have heard that "love is Blind" but if you keep your eyes open it can be most fulfilling.”

My cousin Wes  concluded, “Love means nothing in tennis which kills your chances to win.”  And my temple friend Richard cautioned, “Not sure if love kills, but we know it injures.  After all, in the 1970s, the rock group Nazareth informed us that “Love Hurts.”

And for the fun of a song from Buddy Holly…later covered by Paul McCartney.

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

       What is the role for today’s pirate?

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

Tuesday is International Talk Life a Pirate day!  Have some fun.  How many times can you say Aargh, or other pirate terms posted here or here?  Don’t be a bilge rat or scurvy dog; have some fun.

My friend Andrew shared this story about mensch, “My sister's high school drama teacher was named "Mr. Mensch", and he was. With his training, she went on to win a full drama scholarship to college, best drama student in college, and a 30+ year career (so far) in Hollywood. I wish there were more mensches in this world.”

FYI:  If you have Blue Cross/Blue Shield for an individual health plan in ATL, it is being terminated 12/31/17.  For more info about a fascinating alternative that I’m very familiar with; ask me about HIPnation.

Aaarg.  Are you preparing for Talk Like a Pirate Day on Tue, Sep 19?

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.


No comments: