Monday, January 15

If you give more, do you get more?

In response to last week’s imponderable question, “If you give more, do you get more?,” my equestrian friend Royce challenged with “Naaaaaa!” to which my neighbor Al explained, “Nope.  I've gotten the same lap dance with a $10 tip and I did with a $20.”

My interfaith friend Ann observed, “Uhm, only with STD's? Seriously, of course you do if you're not expecting monetary remuneration.”

My managed IT friend Kosol shared, “I think the universe balances itself.  If you give to others what they need, you get in return the things you need.  ‘You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help o this, my cousin Valarie added, “Those who give more ‘get it’ more--that living generously generates generous living.”

My dad’s beach buddy Bob observed, “Only when you are not looking for something in return,” to which my temple friend Tracey offered, “You tend to get more personally, but usually not from others. That goes under the that goes under the heading of no good deed goes unpunished.” 

My cable friend Bruce replied, “When you give to yourself.  :-) ”  And my sailing friend Norm counseled, “The law of attraction is the belief that by focusing on positive or negative thoughts people can bring positive or negative experiences into their life. When you give more, you are focusing on the positive, so you will get more good positive things in life when you give more good things.”

And my social media friend Mark observed, “Off course, which is exactly when they ask you to give even more.”

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

If you type "hell" into a GPS, where does it send you?

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

And thanks to Mark for sharing that our dog Sarah “looks like the sweetest dog in the world.”  And today, we welcome another foster dog into our home as part of our volunteering with www.GRRA.com.  Hope Sarah is again as sweet as Mark says.

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.


No comments: