Monday, January 29

Do you have a spiritual goal?

In response to last week’s imponderable question, “Do you have a spiritual goal?, my podcast friend Jason shard, “I used to say, ‘Inner Serenity’, and being there became boring.”

My writing and sailing friend Rich advised, “To follow the golden rule, it keeps the karma is a bitch rule from being invoked.”

My dad’s beach buddy Bob wished, “At this point in my life, I believe I have paid my dues and am ready to receive the dividends.”

My equestrian friend Royce asked, “Is this a metaphysical question or a soccer one?” and my temple friend Richard replied, “If a player from the New Jersey Devils hockey team scores, would that be considered a spiritual goal?  Or if a pitcher for the Los Angeles Angels baseball team says he hopes to win 20 games this season, would that be a spiritual goal?”  Richard continued, “My spiritual goal is that the ghosts of Roberto Clemente and Willie Stargell return to the baseball team of my youth, the Pittsburgh Pirates, and return them to respectability.” 

My cycling friend Ted replied, “I don't know if I personally have one, but I think you find one on G-d's hockey team; or would that be spiritual Goalie?”

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

What is better the second (or third) time? (In honor of the movie Groundhog Day)

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

This Friday is one of my favorite holidays (and sailing friend Cindy’s birthday).  Here’s to hoping General Beauregard Lee forecasts favorable weather for the South.  FYI:  General Lee has moved from his longtime home at Yellow River Game Ranch, which closed Dec, 2017.  General Lee is now at Dauset Trails Nature Center in Butts County, which is about an hour south of mid-town Atlanta.  http://www.dausettrails.com looks like a nice place for seeing wildlife, hiking and mountain biking with free parking/free admission.


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: