Tuesday, January 2

What is dark good for?

In response to last week’s imponderable question, “What is dark good for?,” my writing and sailing friend Rich boasted, “Making me look more attractive.”

My videographer friend Ivan explained,
  • “DARK is heavier than light, which is why it sinks to the bottom of the pool/lake. I don’t know what that is good for though.
  • DARK is sneaky, you will never see it coming.
  • You could never bring things to light were it not for DARK.
  • Light bulbs are really DARK absorbers.  The closer dark is to a dark absorber, the less dark there is in that area as it gets absorbed.

My attorney friend Phil recalled, “developing film (old style), growing mushrooms (legal variety of course), and seeing the northern lights (one day, I hope),” to which my birthday bud Jon added, “Fireworks and meteor showers, as they kind of suck when it’s light out.  P.S: Amy Schumer does a bit about a boyfriend who said to her, “You know, you don’t have to turn off the lights every time we have sex.  I think you look fine.”  She thought it was so cute that he thought she was worried about how she looked.”

My production manager friend Ray shared, “A better understanding and appreciation of light. Not unlike recognizing the first moment of dawn, that moment when you look into the eyes of another human being and see yourself. Namaste.”
Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

If people don’t like change, why would you make a resolution?

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

Happy New Year.  Wishing you a year of health, wealth and great friends.  Best suggestion: Live intentionally.


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: