Monday, March 5

Do twins ever realize that one of them is unplanned?

In response to last week’s imponderable question, “Do twins ever realize that one of them is unplanned?,” (which is answered by both twins at the end of this message), my temple friend Paul shared, “To answer your question, I posed this to identical twins. Hmmmmm, not a good move on my part. I’m just saying.”

My Utahan friend Bruce quipped, “They both understand it - for their counterpart😀” which my social media friend Mark concurred, “Yes, and it is always the other one.”
Although my equestrian friend Royce believed, “This is one of those chicken and egg questions,” my dad’s beach buddy Bob concluded,”No, that is why the get along so well.

My cousin Wes  contemplated, “Really, I need to ask my identical twin in DR Missouri which of us is the unplanned one.”

Twin brother Henry replied, “Every time the older one reminds the younger one that they were just an afterthought!  Not that I would identify with this question.
And by the way, when our parents found out they were having twins, they picked out the names Paul and Susan.  The fact that Paul ended up marrying a girl by the name of Susan adds a little irony to that, don’t you think?”  Henry’s twin brother replied, “Hmmm, maybe you are a Susan.......Of course these days parents do sometimes plan to have twins, or triplets, or quads.........wasn't that an ice skating move?  Now about the other conundrum.  When I was a twinkle in my parents eyes (and Henry was a Susan), we celebrated the birth of two of the greatest leaders of this great country.  In today’s PC world, we couldn't leave anyone out, so we celebrate the good, the bad, and the ugly.  Who wants to celebrate the bad and the ugly?  So now no one cares.”

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

Why are a "wise man" and A "wise guy" opposites?

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up

No comments: