Monday, March 26

In the Spring, what does a young man’s fancy turn to?


In response to last week’s imponderable question, “In the Spring, what does a young man’s fancy turn to?,”  my ethics executive friend Blair declared, “Baseball. Or March Madness,” to which my PR friend Stan clarified, “Baseball’s Opening Day! Valentine’s Day was for pitchers and catchers reporting. 

My dad’s beach buddy Bob concluded, “Fertilizer, lawn seed, miracle grow and potted flowers followed by a martini and a nap.”

My sailing friend Scott declared the obvious, “Sailing!” to which another sailing friend Norm explained, “My fancy turns to more sunshine and more sailing time.  However, my spouse's fancy turns to ‘let's clean up the house and complete some yard chores.’ " 🙁

My cousin Wes called out, “Motorcycles and convertibles and any fringe benefits that go with these.”

My equestrian friend Royce cautioned, “And you are asking this questions to a bunch of "olde pharts" who only have vague memories?” to which my cycling friend Ted was possibly displayin his vague memory by responding, “Come on!! We all know the answer to that!! Although in my case it was year round!”

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

What does the Easter Bunny do for the other 364 days of the year?

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

My Balmore (Baltimore) based sister Ilene pointed out that the UMBC Retrievers, who beat a #1 ranked UVA last week, are Chesapeake Bay Retriever, a cousin of the golden retriever.  Various media outlets failed to notice this difference because their coats are similar, while the Labrador Retriever, party animals that they are, look substantially different.  OK, so I’m partial to goldens…..

To my birthday buds and contributors Adam and Jon, Happy Day on us on Tue…..And Mariah Carey, hmmmm.
               
Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: