Monday, July 9

Where is Uncle Sam when you need him?


In response to last week’s imponderable question, “Where is Uncle Sam when you need him?,”  my social media friend Mark countered, “Actually he needs us right now. And where are we? Time to kick some ass.”

My dad’s beach buddy Bob declared, “Never fear about Uncle Sam and his presence.  Were it not for him you might be saying Heil Hitler this weekend instead of God Bless America,” to which my neighbor Al Welk provided evidence, adding “…and don't forget the Special Forces trying to find the Thai soccer team trapped in the flooded caves.”
  
My cousin Dave answered literally, having lived in Troy, NY, “He is resting in peace in Troy, New York.”

My temple friend Richard observed, “Uncle Sam is never far away.  He needs to stay close enough to take money from your wallet.”  My cycling friend Ted concluded, “Given the current state of affairs in Washington, I’d say he’s with Stormy and not with Aunt Sally where he should be!”  And my equestrian friend Royce added, “Like the president, probably playing golf while the country disintegrates.”

My sailing friend Norm shared, “In my breakfast cereal (by the way - this stuff is very good - only 4 ingredients, very low sugar -1 g per serving, 9 g of protein and 10 g of fiber - at my age - need all the fiber I can get).  Hidden on the top cereal shelf at Kroger's and most food stores where kids and short adults are unable to see or find it.”  

My temple friend Tracey then offered, “Our Uncle Sam lives in Michigan. I’m sure he’d answer the call if needed.️”


Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

You scream. I scream. We all scream for what?
Sunday, July 15 is National Ice Cream Day 2018

The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

Hal
              
Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: