Monday, July 2

Where does the buck stop?


In response to last week’s imponderable question, “Where does the buck stop?,”  my comedic cable TV friend Bruce knows it is, “at the red light” although my cousin Greg believes it is, “the vending machine.”

My temple friend Kevin shared a practical response, “The buck stops with the person who's actually willing to take responsibility for it.”

My temple friend Richard replied, “Wherever he finds an attractive doe” to which my birthday bud Jon agreed using the appropriate homograph’s definition, “Where the does hang out.” 

My social media friend Mark, production management friend Ray and cousin Valarie played the homograph card, writing, “When he sees the dough.”   Then my temple friend Tracey clarified, “Wherever the doe says to!”

My video game developer-for-a-good-cause friend Dov, under the alias of Rutherford Feinberg knew that it was a “salt lick” while my cousin Wes recalled, “In my yard at the bird feeder.”

My PR friend Stan observed, “The buck stops closer than it used to” which might explain why my equestrian friend Royce declared, “Usually in his tracks after I pull the trigger.”

My business development friend Raymond BUCK-ed the trend calling out, “If one is an alumnus of BUCK-NELL, the BUCK  stops at the NELL!  This is something with which I am intimately familiar, of course. You never want to BUCK an agitated Bison of course!  May the BUCK never stop for you, my friend!”

My cycling friend Ted quipped, “At a Buck Stop (Haha. Get it? Bus Stop!) Or maybe at the Doe Stop.”

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

Where is Uncle Sam when you need him?
 
Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal
              
Happy 4th.  It is time to reflect on the brilliance of our country’s founders to create a democracy that has survived, albeit a bit ragged at the moment, for nearly 250 years.  May we have the same courage, insight and compassion to rebuild civility and repair our relationships domestically and internationally.   Bring on the BBQ and be safe.

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: