Monday, July 16

You scream. I scream. We all scream for what?


In response to last week’s imponderable question, “You scream. I scream. We all scream for what?,” my adjunct exec friend Lindy  vented, “I have screamed for amazingly long periods of time, often at children who have an amazing ability to go deaf at their convenience, yet regain their hearing if they think a sibling is walking past their room and might have the audacity to enter unrequested – which results in more screaming.   I’d like to return to the days of screaming for ice cream.  Alas, they are gone, as is my waistline.

My social media friend Mark suggested, “The right partner.”

When my dad’s beach buddy Bob wrote, “Ice Cream of course,” my equestrian friend Royce expounded, “In light of 7/15 being Nat’l Ice Cream Day, usually Moose Tracks....’ and my sailing friend Norm added, “DQ soft cone dipped in chocolate.  DQ has the very best chocolate topping.”  

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

What is the difference between a "fat chance" and a "slim chance"?

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Hal
              
My friend Lindy shared here appreciation of our responders, writing, “I enjoyed the responses to your Uncle Sam query.  I didn’t respond and expected responses would be far more left wing than they were.  It’s nice to read people’s wit.

Healthcare question:  If you know a small business who is complaining about the high cost of healthcare, or doesn’t offer healthcare benefit because it is too expensive, please introduce me to them.  We’re looking to understand the pain point and if we have a solution.

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: