Wednesday, January 2

How do you make a decision when you are in the dark?


In response to last week’s imponderable question, “How do you make a decision when you are in the dark?,” my birthday bud Jon advised, “Not lightly,”  to which my dad’s beach buddy Bob recalled, “You usually close your eyes when you are in deep thought.”

My adjunct executive friend Lindy shared, “The same way you do in the light: gather the facts, ponder them, possibly seek counsel, then follow your gut.”

My business development friend Ray proffered, “Lick my finger, stick it into the wind to see which direction it is blowing at the moment!” to which my cycling friend Ted lamented, “they do that in Washington all day long!”  So my sailing friend Norm recommended literally and figuratively, “Turn on the light!”

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

Where do you turn to for advice for a New Year's resolution?

Lord, give me a sense of humor; give me the ability to understand a clean joke; to get some humor out of life, and to pass it on to other folks. 

Hal

I am so blessed (if you’re in the South) / fortunate (if you’ve somewhere else) to have such supportive and caring friends.  You respond to these weekly questions, ask me to share these emails with your friends, or simply say ‘thank you’ periodically.  Being part of such a community makes every day a joy – even Mondays!  Looking forward to staying in touch with you this year.  And wishing you a year of health, prosperity and joy.

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: