Monday, September 22

Do coffins have lifetime guarantees?

In response to last week's question, “Do coffins have lifetime guarantees?”, my birthday bud Jon and running friend Tony both agreed, “yes, but who is going to collect it?” My friend Richard noted that “yes, if it’s the end-user’s lifetime, and so far, no customer has complained, right?”

My friend Tracey was being practical when she thought about such a guarantee, “Would you ask for a refund or an exchange?”

My dad reminded me that our cousins, who are undertakers, know that people are dying to get in and they’ve never heard a complaint.”

My friend Gian, whose wife recently had their second child, “Coffins are for the livig; as far as the dead are concerned, they could be buried in Tupperware and they wouldn’t be upset. Think about it. If there is an afterlife outside of my corporeal being, I would be so stoked that I wouldn’t give a rat’s patootie what the living were doing with or to my body.”

Having written this, my dad’s beach buddy Bob concluded, “This has long since been put to rest as a dead issue! The end.”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

For email, how can you read a blind courtesy copy (bcc) ?

Live well…..laugh often….be happy…have a good week…..and celebrate Noah Webster’s 250th birthday this Sunday, 9/28, by making up a new word.

Hal

PS: To follow-up the prior week’s question, “can a person flunk a personality test?”, my dog rescue friend Kate noted that “in the old days, it would describe actuaries instead of CPAs. “ And another dog rescue friend, David, replied to Jodie’s concern about trying to assign black and white labels to people’s personalities, saying “There are colored labels, but they cost more.”

No comments: