Monday, September 8

Why is it that it’s good to score under par in golf but it’s bad to be “under par” in anything else?"

In response to last week's question, “Why is it that it’s good to score under par in golf but it’s bad to be “under par” in anything else?”, my cousin Wes approaches golf from the “value perspective -- lowest cost per stroke. Therefore I plan to be over-par in everything including golf!”

Many of my business and personal friends are like my videographer friend Ivan, who wrote, “My golf score and my bowling score are usually the same, so I don't think I am qualified to answer this week’s question.”

My humorous friend Royce wrote, "Under par" is a means to justify and glorify grown men spending hours chasing a little white ball around a very big lawn.” To this, Ivan added, “Golf is the sport that uses the smallest, least expensive ball and has the largest, most expensive playing field, so who can reason with anything golf-related?"

My dad’s beach buddy Bob observed, “If you are under par in golf, you have to be a good putter. On the days you feel under par, at least you can reminisce about the good days while you putter around.”

My college roomie John wrote that the pharma commercials, car ads and self help books make me feel ‘under par.’ Thank goodness for beer ads and fast food ads.”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

What does it mean if you flunk a personality test?
(courtesy of my budding author friend Kathleen)

Live well…..laugh often….be happy…have a good week.

Hal

"Golf is like a perfectly good walk, ruined!" --Mark Twain (also from Ivan)

No comments: