Monday, September 29

For email, how can you read a blind courtesy copy (bcc)?

In response to last week's question, “For email, how can you read a blind courtesy copy (bcc)?,” my cousin Steve, recuperating from ACL surgery, figured it was not meant to be read but touched, like Braille, which my neighbor Al added, “Duh! Read it with your fingers.” My birthday bud Jon knew that it is done “with a touch screen.”

My dad’s birthday bud Bob said, “you need foresight.”

My temple friend Bill is able to read BCCs that say :.:…:.:::..:... which my birthday bud Adam knows is called “Braille mail.” My innovative friend Bob thought similarly, BCC “is actually Braille courtesy copy.”

…and my role model friend Sherri said “I thought the “cc” and “bcc” stood for “carbon copy” and “blind carbon copy.” Oh the fun I had explaining that to my 12 year old.”

My humorous colleague Chris explained, “Because the courtesy copy must be blind to everyone, this would mean that the courtesy copy doesn't want to be seen and therefore must have an attitude. To state this would mean that we are dealing with artificial intelligence that has an attitude! Everyone run for the hills!

My neighbor, Bob, the engineer, suggested, “Print it in Braille” although our other neighbor Dick “doesn’t do ‘blind copies’ because his printer doesn’t print in Braille.”

My friend Tracey realized “The copy is blind, not the reader. So it is the copy that might have trouble seeing the reader.”


Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

Why do lawyers restate the obvious by saying that they are 'Attorneys at Law'? Are they avoiding confusion with 'Attorneys at Fast Food Restaurants', 'Attorneys at Car Dealerships' or 'Attorneys at Math'? (from my friend Chris)

Live well…..laugh often….be happy…have a good week….

No comments: