Monday, September 15

What does it mean if you flunk a personality test?

In response to last week's question, “What does it mean if you flunk a personality test?”, my attorney birthday bud Jon wrote, “It means you get your CPA license.” And my civil engineer neighbor Bob said it means “you are probably a good candidate to become an engineer.“ My dad’s beach buddy Bob added, “You must be a very high achiever.”

My dad, an engineer who is loved for his personality, observed that “Everyone has a personality maybe good and maybe bad, but who are we to determine this?” My hard to categorize, home brewing, Internet TV friend Jodie, “The tests are multiple choice answers, each of which puts you into some pre-defined personality category or label. We humans are forever trying to turn our wonderfully rich, colorful world into black and white labels.”

When all is said and done, it was my neighbor Dick who left me thinking, when he wrote, “I'm more worried about people who score marginally...are they Jekyll or are they Hyde?”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

Do coffins have lifetime guarantees?

Live well…..laugh often….be happy…have a good week.

No comments: