Monday, July 2

Why is it that diamonds are a girl's best friend and a man's best friend is a dog?


In response to last week’s question,  “Why is it that diamonds are a girl's best friend and a man's best friend is a dog? ”, my friend Richard cautiously replied, “I’ve got lots of rejoinders to this one, but none that won’t get me in a LOT of trouble!  Back away slowly and no one gets hurt ….”   Fortunately, several friends chose to ignore this, most notably my sailing friend Tom, who observed, “Throw a diamond in your car trunk and watch your girl go in after it, then throw a hot dog in the trunk and watch your dog jump in after it.  Now close the trunk lid for two hours, when you open it see which one of the two is happy to see you.”

My writing and sailing friend Rich concluded, “It's a organizational thing, the man holds the dog’s leash and the woman holds the man’s leash.”  My college roomie had a similar thought, “When men do not buy women diamonds, men end up in the dog house.  It makes sense to make friends where you spend your time.  I suspect I am not the only one suggesting this.”

My neighbor Al believes “Because man got to pick first. Would you rather have a loyal friend and companion or a rock?”  To this, my dad’s beach buddy Bob added, “and sometimes the diamond’s recipient turns out to be a dog.”

My musically talented friend Blair suggested, "Diamonds are a girl's best friend" makes for a much better song lyric and production number!”  And my sailing and horse-loving friend
Jodie shared, “Guess I don't fit the stereotype. When my X gave me diamonds, I thanked him. When he got me a load of composted horse manure, I was ecstatic and told everyone I knew.  As for the latter, I think "man" is the generic term, covering both sexes.  Signed Jodie, whose best friend is Harley the Tennessee Walking Horse who provides all the manure she can use. P.S. Anyone know where I can get a good price for a lightly used diamond ring?”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Can you take comfort when the high temps are in the low 100's?

Life  is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly, and forgive  quickly.

Hal

Our thoughts are with those in the mid-Atlanta and Midwest, who are dealing with the heat during power outages caused by Derechos and in CO/UT dealing with wildfires.  We are all smart enough to get through this. 

Wishing everyone a happy and safe Independence Day 236 on the 4th.

No comments: