Monday, October 15

Is Fall too late to start Spring cleaning?



In response to last week’s question,  “Is Fall too late to start Spring cleaning?”, my birthday bud Jon recommends, “Yes, you should just leaf it go.” My dad’s beach buddy Bob advised, “It is sort of like asking a person who fell off the boat if he can swim.”

My leadership teacher Stuart observed, “It depends!  Summer better at it than others. I all depends how (w)inter the work you are.”   And my friend Royce compared this to another Spring ritual, “Damn! Did they change Passover?”

My friend Alan and sailing friend Kurt replied, “No, actually you are early.”  And my cycling friend who just won a BBQ contest added, “Are you kidding? My wife would have me do Spring 2014 cleaning in Fall 2012, and then tell me to snap to it!  Don't worry, I still love her!”

But then my cousin asked, “What is spring cleaning?”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

When is there no substitute?

Life  is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly, and forgive  quickly.

Hal
 
My thanks to all of my golden retriever loving friends and family.  Our fundraiser was a tremendous success – fun activities, great people, and over 100 goldens actually lined-up for a group photo.

On a sad note, our friend Jill Suchke ended her 5+ year fight with Leukemia.  We were fortunate to know her because she had the spirit and attitude that is to be admired.  She knew how to help people, and she allowed others to help her when times were tough.  As Will Goodman wrote, “It seems that it was a fight you were not destined to win, and the world has been stripped today of one of its living angels. I only hope that you will continue watching over all of us, only now without pain or burden in every day. I will always think of you as you were just a few short years ago. We all loved you so much. Rest easy until we meet again. May the Source of Peace send Peace to all who are bereaved.”  Rest in peace, Jill.  Be assured we will keep your soul very much alive.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know this is weird, but in my household we do a Spring and Fall cleaning. Of course we do a more intense clean in the spring, but in the fall we clean just a little less. We also take things we wont need during the off season and put them in our self storage in Santa Monica.

On another note. So sorry for your loss. It's always the worst to lose a great person like that. Thoughts are with you and your family.