Monday, October 1



In response to last week’s question,  “With so many foods tasting like chicken, what does chicken taste like?”, my videographer friend Ivan scarily wrote, “Cat.  Anyone want to disagree?”

My friend Swany concluded, “Chicken tastes like mature eggs.”  My friend Richard concurred, “An over-developed egg.  Which reminds me of what the chicken said when she saw the plate of scrambled eggs:  ‘What a bunch of mixed up kids!’”

My colleague Kelly noted, “Since Folks Restaurant’s side dishes lists Chicken and Dumplings as a veggie, it seems that to them, it tastes like broccoli!”

My Dish friend John observed, “With so many cooks' chicken tasting like rubber, the question should be ‘what does rubber taste like?’”

My birthday bud Jon replied, “It tastes like so many foods.  Duh.”  Then my college roomie John countered, “Chicken tastes like chicken” to which my Klezmer-playing friend Ira added, “Everything else tastes like, but not the same, as chicken. Except beef, which tastes like cholesterol.”

My dad’s beach buddy Bob added, “What other food is there?”  My sailing friend Jim answered the challenge, writing “frog.” My neighbor Al expounded,  “As I learned, and ate, in my survival training chicken tastes exactly like grilled copperhead snake.  Kind of a cross between copperhead and frog legs.”    

My sailing and writing friend Rich expounded on this, “No matter how you slice it, free range or farm raised, grilled, baked or fried, naked or dressed (skin on or skin off), bone in or bone less, nuggets, wings or tenders, with BBQ sauce or without, in a salad with a baked potato fully loaded, it still tastes like alligator tail.” 

And then my friend with a beautiful singing voice, Blair cautioned, “What ever it is, please don’t put that other stuff in my chicken soup!”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

When does a wart not worry?
Life  is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly, and forgive  quickly.
Hal
Here’s some great advice from my friend John, “Policy is not a reason not to think.”

No comments: