Monday, October 24

Is saying 'I'm sorry' enough?

In response to last week’s question, "Is saying 'I'm sorry' enough?," my gem-of-a-friend Bill determined, "It depends on what your wife has accused you of doing incorrectly" while my birthday bud Jon wondered, "How many times?"   My sailing friend Norm was more clear, "To a spouse, NEVER enough!"  although my college roomie John suggested adding, "chocolates, probably dark chocolate!"

My Earthlink alumni friend Kerstin pointed out, "See the photo to the right that I took at Jimmy John's last week (love that team) in response to this week's question - it's not enough to say 'I'm sorry'..."

My dad's beach buddy Bob concurred with Kerstin, saying  "'I'm Sorry' is a good beginning, but it has to followed up with a demonstration by making amends in some way.  You cant steal, say 'I'm Sorry' and not at least replace what was stolen."  And my temple friend Tracey added, "No. Saying 'I'm sorry' is not enough. Actions speak louder than words. An apology has to be followed up with a change in behavior."

My social media friend Mark then cautiously advised, "Yes. Unless you go ahead and do it again anyway. Then, nothing is enough."

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

On Halloween, how do you know if someone is wearing a costume?

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile
Hal



Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me so  I can share what  I'm up to.

No comments: