Monday, October 31

On Halloween, how do you know if someone is wearing a costume?

In response to last week’s question, " On Halloween, how do you know if someone is wearing a costume?," my dad's beach buddy Bob suggested, "look them straight in the eye to see who blinks first" while my temple friend Bob repied, "If they're carrying a bag of candy, it's a costume."

My temple friend Richard pointed out:
(1)   If the person is under 5 feet tall, it’s a costume.
(2)   If the person is dressed as a movie character or celebrity, it’s a costume.
(3)   If the person is dressed as a zombie, requests brains, accepts candy when offered, it’s a costume.
(4)   If the person is dressed as a zombie, requests brains, rejects the candy, and repeats the request for brains…. Run like hell. It isn’t a costume

My sister-in-law Lorrie advised, "Only if they are not dressed like a clown," while my dental friend Ted added, "You really don't know-I know plenty of people that dress like Bozo The Clown every day.  Just keep it to yourself and throw them some candy and my business card in the bag -Edward A Chipps DDS)."

My engineering friend Steve declared, "With the new PC rules I didn’t think costumes were allowed.  I can’t find anything on Snopes that says it’s a hoax either.  (See infographic at bottom.)"

My college roomie John asserted, "To go with the political campaign, politicians seem to always be wearing a costume, especially the scary clown costume!" to which my IT services friend Kosol concluded, "You find out just like my buddy Donald T does.  Grab them by the "P$&@!" ? Lol.  Or you can pull a Bill Cosby."

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

Do you prefer a trick or a treat?

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile
Hal

Have a fun Halloween and best wishes to the MLB's Cubbies (and Indians).




Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me so  I can share what  I'm up to.


No comments: