Monday, October 10

What makes pumpkin taste good only in October?

In response to last week’s question, "What makes pumpkin taste good only in October?," my Silicon Valley Parrothead friend Darcy called out, "Anticipation - Fall has arrived!" as my cycling friend Ted expounded, "The same thing that makes Christmas trees smell good in December."  And my writing and sailing friend Rich added, "Because October is the time of the Great Pumpkin."

My neighbor Al surmised, "Because before then they are probably not ripe and taste like crap!" while my hiking friend Kelly explained, "Beer!"

My social media friend Mark explained, "It might taste good in October if you put bacon on it. Otherwise I cannot think of any reason it would ever taste good" while my dad's beach buddy Bob replied, "because after October you have had enough of it to last for another year."

When my equestrian friend Royce queried, "Does it taste good?," my sister-in-law Lorrie declared, "What's wrong with this question given that pumpkin pie is a delicious staple for Thanksgiving dinner in November" and my college roomie friend John concurred, "I disagree, I can eat pumpkin year around, especially pumpkin pie."

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

What is special about a naked buck?

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile
Hal

Thank you to my colleague who made TAG Social & Collaboration's Savvy Awards program last week so successful and insightful!   The conversation to improve collaboration and be social continues is a very, very positive way.

And thank you to Shannon Hamilton and the Golden Retriever Rescue of Atlanta for making an awareness Rescue Romp yesterday.  Along with fundraising, it was 'fun-raising' and the first time our Sarah did dock diving and the lure course.


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me so  I can share what  I'm up to.

No comments: