Monday, April 16

What else is certain beside death and taxes?


In response to last week’s imponderable question, “What else is certain beside death and taxes?,” may writing and sailing friend Rich warned, “Karma will catch up to you sooner or later.”  To this, my collaboration friend Tricia noted, “Life is messy.”

My temple friend Richard listed,
  • The sun and moon rising in the east and setting in the west.
  • Work days are too long and vacations are too short.
  • Politicians making campaign promises they know they cannot keep.
  • People embarrassing or incriminating themselves on Facebook.
  • Presidents tweeting stupid, thoughtless ideas on Twitter.  My social media friend Mark added, “Temporarily, fortunately....”

My cycling friend Ted, who is a dentist professionally, stated, “that's easy!! Eventually we all wind up in a dental chair!”    My Utahian friend Bruce determined it is, “bad drivers” while my cousin Wes, replied atypically of the family, “Disappointment.”

My temple friend Tracey lamented, “It is certain that my mother will call as soon as we sit down for dinner — no matter what time that is. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚” while my marcomm friend Rashida declared, “Pollen. Pollen is certain.”

My networking friend Skip advised, “She is in charge” to which my dad’s beach buddy Bob called out, “sometimes a nagging wife.”

Another temple friend Leslie and PR friend Stan observed, “Receiving Hal's, "Hmmmmm’r every Monday morning.:

My adjust exec friend Lindy shared, “What I’ve found to be certain is that the response will arrive immediately after I have written a scathing letter about not receiving the promised response.  In addition, the dress will go on sale after I paid full price.  And I will run into a cute, single man when I look my absolute worst.”

My sailing friend Norm advised, “It is certain your taxes will be higher when you retire !!  No more kids to take as dependants, no more mortgage interest (paid that off finally) - no more business expenses to write off (yes, the cell phone is now your personal non-deductible expense) and you saved it all in the pre-tax retirement plan and now have to pay ordinary income tax on all that capital gain!!  And you youngsters have to pay for all my social security benefits I am getting now. ๐Ÿ˜€

Any my temple friend Bob provided his list, “Urination after a six pack, heartburn after eating hot peppers, contentment after making love, noise from your pants after eating Mexican food, and smiling when among friends.”

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

Where do you go for a piece of Paradise?   (See you at Jimmy’s concert Tue night in ATL?)


Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal
              
You can either spend your time submitting your taxes on Tue, or join us Tue afternoon and evening tailgating and concert-going as we venture off to   Jimmy’s “Escape to Margaritaville” tour.  If you can’t join us in person, watch or listen live here.   Thank you Alison.

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: