Monday, April 23

Where do you go for a piece of Paradise?


In response to last week’s imponderable question, “Where do you go for a piece of Paradise?,” my adjunct exec friend Lindy observed, “Paradise comes to me any time I get good milk chocolate” while my dad’s beach buddy Bob P noted, “The local Ice cream parlor for a double dip of butter pecan ice cream.” 

My writing and sailing friend Rich yearned for, “Somewhere with laughter and a view.”

My equestrian friend Royce cautioned, “Any place but Atlanta at 8:30am or 5:00pm,” to which my sailing friend Norm advised, “Any quiet cove at anchor at sunset with music playing and drinks being served.”  

And my temple friend Richard explained, “You would buy a piece of property on the Las Vegas Strip. You can look it up.  The Strip is actually located in Paradise, NV. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradise,_Nevada.

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

What is an abhorist?  (And then hug an arborist this Friday.)
 
Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal
              
The last Friday in April is Arbor Day.  Thank a tree for CO2, shade, and soil erosion control.

Escapism isn’t always a bad thing.  My Parrothead friends Tim, Barry and Carrie made for great escape tailgating at Margaritaville in Alpharetta – a true Parrothead experience that everyone should do at least once. 

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: